Readers respond to good writing.
I help companies and individuals present themselves in the best light through their communications.
ABOUT MY WORK
I refine and refresh print and digital copy of all kinds, mainly for ad agencies and well-known companies in highly regulated industries (particularly finance, education and health care). Accuracy, flexibility and consistency are my hallmarks. I provide the structure and polish that ensure your ideas click with readers. I offer a fresh eye to cut through industry jargon, and my attention to detail means I catch and correct the errors that can undermine your credibility and your message. I also consult on ways to shape communications to better reach target audiences. My home base is Salem, Massachusetts, but I work remotely with clients across the US and around the world.
My client list must remain partly confidential, but it includes both a Fortune 100 company and one of America’s largest private firms.
Some clients that I am permitted to name are:
- Jack Morton Worldwide
- Eaton Power
- MIT Community Innovators Lab
- Tyco International
- Subway Restaurants
- Standard Insurance Company
Some of my general B2B and B2C work includes:
- Editing and proofreading proposal responses, pitches, presentations and more
- Editing and proofreading white papers, industry articles, fact sheets and case studies
- Editing and proofreading print and digital marketing copy of all kinds from articles and videos to mailers and brochures
Some examples of specific projects are:
- Editing and proofreading website copy, email blasts, brochures, signage, social media posts, online ads and more for companies that are launching, revamping or rebranding
- Copy editing and proofreading a variety of weekly investor communications for a financial services firm
- Proofreading all materials for an ad agency that provides marketing for a national hospital group and proofreading agency presentations submitted for a government contract
- Proofreading an extensive report and presentation for an architectural firm planning to revitalize part of a major city
- Copy editing and proofreading consumer educational materials regarding student loan options
- Researching and writing a nutrition-focused activity and learning guide for kids
- Researching and writing sections of an irreverent online IT competition
- Serving as news editor and writer for an online music magazine
Hit your communication target every time
The best way to reach an audience is through writing that’s crisp, clear and human. I help companies and individuals craft authentic messages that hit their target every time. If you need to focus a disorganized industry article, create web copy that resonates with potential customers, or get a final error check of your print or digital material, I can pull your words together and polish them.
Below are the types of business editing services I offer. I can edit and proofread according to your preferred style guide, or I can suggest a style guide for your project. If you’re looking for book editing services, click here.
Please note that there is a one-hour minimum per project. A rush fee may be applied to urgent requests. If you’d like to discuss a flat fee for a specific project or establish an ongoing relationship, we can review pricing structures.
Proofreading corrects spelling mistakes, typos, punctuation problems, capitalization errors and minor grammatical errors.
A copy edit will polish and smooth out your content. Copy editing may involve deleting unnecessary words or sentences, rewriting vague or awkward sentences, and improving overall flow through minor restructuring of sentences, paragraphs or sections. This kind of edit also addresses grammar and some proofreading issues.
Substantive editing is also known as developmental editing. It typically involves significant restructuring to improve flow and create a more logical sequence. There could be extensive rewriting involved in this kind of edit, particularly if the original author is not a professional writer or if there are multiple authors with different skill levels and varying tones. This edit may also require checking footnoted sources and researching to obtain missing information.
Whether you need to fact-check an article you’re writing or you want reams of obscure information for a book you’re working on, I can help. I love to research, and I dig deep.